What this course covers
- Intro to Florida Chapter 493, career specifics and employee/employer relationship,
legal issues and liabilities.
- Basic emergency procedures, basic first aid and fire detection, suppression and life safety.
- Professional ethics and conduct, crime and accident prevention.
- Access control, patrol techniques and executive protection.
- Observation, report writing, interviewing and truth verification.
- Crime and accident scene protection, evidence protection and anti-terrorism, terrorism awareness.
- Public relations, interpersonal and professional communications and courtroom procedures
- Fundamentals of personal security, crowd control and traffic direction.
- Special problems for security officers.
- Anti-Terrorism and Terrorism Awareness, Final Exam.
Contact Miller and Miller to sign up for this course
Phone: (352) 383-1212
Courses are held at the Miller and Miller Main Office Classroom.
6909 Old Highway 441
Mount Dora, FL 32757
- After passing this course, you will be eligible for obtaining your Class D license to start employment with a licensed security agency.
- Students must be at least 21 years of age.
- Students must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Students must have a valid driver's license.
- Students may not have any felonies on record.