Learn from experienced officers in this 40-hour course, which includes many hands-on activities to put your newly acquired skills into practice.
Join Miller and Miller, in conjunction with Lake Tech College, for the Florida Class D Security Guard course. The course is conveniently scheduled in the evenings at the Miller and Miller training facility.
- Day 1 - Intro to Florida Chapter 493, career specifics and employee/employer relationship,
legal issues and liabilities.
- Day 2 - Basic emergency procedures, basic first aid and fire detection, suppression and life safety.
- Day 3 - Professional ethics and conduct, crime and accident prevention.
- Day 4 - Access control, patrol techniques and executive protection.
- Day 5 - Observation, report writing, interviewing and truth verification.
- Day 6 - Crime and accident scene protection, evidence protection and anti-terrorism, terrorism awareness.
- Day 7 - Public relations, interpersonal and professional communications and courtroom procedures
- Day 8 - Fundamentals of personal security, crowd control and traffic direction.
- Day 9 - Special problems for security officers.
- Day 10 - Anti-Terrorism and Terrorism Awareness, Final Exam.
Lake Technical College
352-589-2250 ext. 1828
Classes are held at the Miller and Miller Investigative and Security Training Facility
3911 N CR 19A Suite 3
Mount Dora, FL
- After passing this course, you will be eligible for obtaining your Class D license to start employment with a licensed security agency.
- Students must be at least 18 years of age.
- Students must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- May not have any felonies on record.